Friday, March 6, 2009

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program....

Back!

Midterms were intense, but I have survived! I wouldn't call it a triumph just yet, but as far as I know everything went fairly well. And even if it didn't, the benefit of being in CommDesign is that the professors don't officially grade your work until the end of the semester, so I can "Just Re-Do It" (the CommDesign way).

We're starting a new project in Fibers class where the goal is to take a cultural symbol (Statue of Liberty, Bald Eagle, Blue Jeans, etc.) and subvert or twist the image so as to communicate your own message about America. I'm going to silkscreen an image I created. It's going to involve Superman, but I'll leave the final idea as a surprise :)

The Remix project I was working on for Writing turned out really well. The assignment was to select 8-10 quotes from one of the texts we had read and remix them with sound, images, and video to convey a different idea--like writing an essay through technological means. The video is here for anyone interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment