Friday, March 27, 2009

Updates...

...On the Internship front:
Students who applied for the Hallmark internship are beginning to hear back from the company. I unfortunately was not "selected to advance to the finalist round for this year's internship program" (at least for graphic design), but I also applied for the creative writing position and haven't heard back from Hallmark (I'm hoping no news is good news :)) However, my good friend & housemate Margaret actually has an interview with Hallmark this afternoon! Margaret is in Industrial Design and will hopefully *crosses fingers* be working for Hallmark in their Visual Marketing Department during the summer!

...On the Design Career Fair:
The Design Career Fair is still scheduled for April 2nd and 3rd. There will be 11 firms attending, a panel discussion during the day, and a networking mixer in the evening.

...From AIGA:
Our SU AIGA group will be having a peer workshop on cover letters, resumes, and portfolios this Saturday (March 28th) in preparation for the Design Career Fair. My CMD professor has a box of resumes from CommDesigners who have graduated, and he let me photocopy a bunch as reference material for the workshop. It was really helpful for me to see how designers organize their resumes (what's important, what's not, etc.), and I think the AIGA members will find it useful as well.

Hmmm, I think that covers all of my extracurricular bases for the week...

No comments:

Post a Comment