Friday, March 20, 2009

Back to the Grindstone

Spring break was a wonderfully relaxing week for me. I went home to PA, stuffed myself with my mom's home cooking, slept in, spent some time with my dear friend Katie, and watched SU upset UConn in 6 overtimes. My younger brother is a freshman at the University of Pittsburgh (rival basketball team, boooo), and even he was secretly rooting for Syracuse :) It was nice that we had the same break this year, so we could hang out at the house together.

I also spent some time filling out applications for internships this summer. In January, Hallmark had given a presentation at Syracuse about their company and the opportunities for students, but I didn't get around to completing my resume, cover letter, and portfolio until break. I applied for both the graphic design and the creative writing position, so keep your fingers crossed! I want to apply to as many companies/design firms as I can, so right now my goal is to complete two applications per week. I'll keep you posted on any new developments!

No comments:

Post a Comment