Friday, February 5, 2010

My CommDesign has taken over my life...

AND I LOVE IT!

This week in portfolio class, we were given the task of researching potential employers. In a way, it was very reminiscent of the college-searching process in that it's an ongoing process and it will determine our immediate future path. Yikes!

I really had a lot of trouble with this assignment because, right now, I have no limits. I'm willing to work in any city, so I haven't narrowed it down by location, and I can really see myself designing in a number of different media, so I'm not set on only doing package design or web design. Luckily, the professors are giving us another two weeks to get it together. The top ten companies from the class are going to be invited to our portfolio showing at Lubin House and students in the past have often been offered jobs from the event.

Switching gears, I'm designing a car service/personal assistant for elderly people in 450 as my first project, and I'm (hopefully) teaming up with Sam to design an all-natural candy shop. I'm really excited for creating the candy shop and really stuck on coming up with a name for the car service. Any and all ideas/suggestions are welcome at this point...

Looks like I have a lot of work to do this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment