Friday, January 29, 2010

Portfolio & Practice

This week in my portfolio class, I was chosen to put up a mini version of my entire portfolio for the class to review and critique. I was a bit nervous to see all of my work together for the first time since I'm always hyper-critical of my own work, but the response from the class was very positive. Bill called my work very thoughtful and deep, while Bob commented on my strong writing skills. It's so amazing to see the work I've been doing for three years come together in a final portfolio. I know that when I graduate, I will be coming out with an outstanding portfolio, in which every project within was art deliberately chosen and art directed by me. It sounds a bit dramatic to say, but the portfolio you create at Syracuse's Communications Design program is very much a visible/tangible piece of your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment