Friday, October 23, 2009

Ground Control to Major Tom...

Hopefully my journey to the Twilight Zone is over. I've had just such an "off" week, and I'm more than ready to get back to some normalcy.

Tonight is reserved for damage control:
1. Clean my living room (and my bedroom...and the rest of the house)- I prefer to do all of my CommDesign work at home instead of the Warehouse, but it looks like Hurricane Jess blew through the place this week
2. Go Grocery Shopping- I literally have NO food and have been making due with take-out & leftovers all week
3. Re-write my WTBI paper on the RIGHT book!
4. Get the door to my car fixed
5. Return unused supplies to Michael's

I think the oddness of this week came from the fact that it was Midterms. For me, it was mostly the same as any other week, so I actually think that the LACK of Midterms is what threw me off. It was especially noticeable in Comm Design this week, as most of the students in 450 were scrambling to get their projects done. My professor, Ken Hine (the mastermind behind the Comm Design program at Syracuse) runs his class a bit differently though, and we did not have a midterm. Evaluating my own work for this week, I know it definitely was not up to par (a problem I intend to fix in my next presentation).

On the bright side, I have identified the problems I had this week (second guessing myself, redoing things before the original designs were complete, etc.) and I now have two weeks to correct my approach!

Onwards and Upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment