Saturday, June 6, 2009

New York, New York! (sing it!)

Status Update: I got the JPMC Internship!

My first day on the job was June 1st, and the internship runs until August 7th. I am working with the Corporate Branding and Strategic Marketing team at JPMC with the official title of "Corporate Branding and Strategic Marketing Analyst." IT IS A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

Luckily, I was able to find housing with NYU, and I am living in a dorm-style room, downtown, in a beautiful part of the city (right across from Washington Square Park). I have one roommate, Sarah, who is a soon-to-be senior at Vassar. She's from Pennsylvania, we get along very well, and she is studying English and Literature and working for a non-profit Law organization that deals with Human Rights cases (very cool).

Since I've only been to the city a few times on day-trips with the fam and school field trips, I've never really thought about what it would be like to live in the city. In all honesty, I really thought that I would hate it, but each day I'm discovering something else that I love about it.

I can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment