Thursday, January 22, 2009

Getting to know....me!

Hello, Hello

My name is Jess Gaito and I am a junior in the Communications Design program here at SU. I’m originally from Perkasie, Pennsylvania (about 45 minutes North of Philly), but when I'm at SU, I live off-campus with 5 other girls (all of us are in VPA) and my housemate’s black lab, Midnight.

This is my first year working in the VPA office, but I’ve been involved in a number of other clubs and activities on campus since my first year. I am a member of the Women’s club soccer team, a sister of the Pi Beta Phi sorority on campus, a peer advisor and tour guide for VPA students, and this year I was elected Co-President and Director of Communications for Syracuse’s AIGA (American Institute of Graphic Design) student group.

In addition to being in CommDesign, I am also (trying to be) a Writing minor. This semester I am taking WRT 426: Digital Writing, which I’m super excited about, and I am also a TA for the Foundation Course 2D.

I love talking about VPA and CommDesign in particular, so if you have any questions at all about what it’s like being a VPA student at SU, please feel free to leave a comment or send an e-mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment