Friday, January 30, 2009

Formal Recruitment (aka Rush)

This Friday kicks off formal recruitment (rush) for all of the sororities here at Syracuse. It's a pretty intense experience, but it's definitely also a lot of fun for everyone involved. There's so much positive energy and excitement; it's a refreshing break after a long week of classes.

Speaking of which, we're three weeks in, and classes are in full swing. The Writing class I mentioned in my previous post (WRT 426) is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. The topic we're analyzing is black underground music and technology, and although I have no real connection to the topic whatsoever, the teacher has so much enthusiasm that it's contagious. I honestly look forward to doing the readings and going to class each week!

In CommDesign, we're working on a project with JP Morgan Chase & Co., but I can't really say much more about it since everyone working on the project had to sign a confidentiality form. What I can say is that we're designing for a real-world situation, JPMC is covering our expenses, and you may see our design in some prominent places after the project is finished!

Keeping you posted,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment